This fountain can operate on solar and battery power when set to the on position! In good sunlight conditions, the pump will be powered by solar energy. In addition, the battery pack will be recharged via solar energy. If it is a cloudy day or night time the battery will automatically run the fountain. If fully charged, the batteries will power the fountain for up to 4 hours. To run on battery mode simply press the Battery On/Off button. The battery will now power the pump. When the batteries are depleted, the system will automatically switch to be powered by the solar panel, and the fountain will resume running when the sun come out.
If you have a special occasion where you wanted the fountain to run only in the evening this can be done too. During the day set the pump to the off position. Under this option the battery will store the power and not run. When you want to run the fountain in the evening simply turn the pump on and the fountain will run until the battery is depleted.
Note: LEDs only work at night and will turn on/off automatically; Each fountain may vary in color as no two are exactly the same color.
Replace the batteries with 4 standard AA size rechargeable batteries.
Dry Run Protection Pump Technology - Typical pumps continue to run when the fountain is low on water or runs dry causing the pump to burn out and need to be replaced. This fountain includes new dry run protection technology so if the fountain runs low on water the pump will automatically shut off to save the life of your pump.
Color can vary slightly on each fountain. Lighting can be different indoors and out as well as differences in computer monitors. So slight color variation is not a cause for return.
- Dimensions: 15" Square x 28"H; 24 lbs
- Bottom water reservoir is 11" Diameter and 8" Deep; Middle bowl is 8" Diameter x 2" Deep; Top bowl is 10" diameter and 3/4" Deep.
- Resin Construction
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Solar panel: 8.75"L x 7.75"W, cable length 16' from solar pump to panel
- LED Lights at the top bowl
- Solar Pump, Solar Panel, and 4 rechargeable batteries included
- 1/4" water hose
- Needs direct sunlight to run during day and store energy in battery pack. Fully stored energy in battery pack will run pump for up to 4 hours. Needs 1-2 sunny days to fully charge the battery.
- During freezing weather, the fountain needs to be brought indoors or completely emptied, dried out, and well covered.